Translate

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Book Shop Series

I have started a series of sketches capturing bookshops. I have always been drawn to Shop fronts signs and type which makes bookshops an appropriate subject matter. Bookshops are also on decline due the digital age so its important to capture and highlight , before they vanish. I was asked to join a bookstore sketching group on flickr which inspired me to start this series. Below are three book shops along Charing Cross Road London. The sketch below (Any amount of Books) has been selected for the:

2015 London Urban Sketchers Exhibition at Timberyard Soho.
https://tyuk.com/events/london-urban-sketchers-2/
 









Norwich Market - Stall 18 - Hand crafted Leather and Second Hand books

I remember this stall being here over 25 years when I was an Art Student . I remember buying a leather watch strap. Its great to see a craft being kept alive . I like the quirky combination of books and leather craft.  It was great to try and capture the owner at work stitching.

 









The Book Hive Norwich


The book hive is my favourite independent bookshop in the heart of Norwich. It has a great selection of alternative books that you don't usually find and always has a great shop front display going on. The cylindrical shaped three storey building adds to its charm and quirkiness. 









No comments:

Post a Comment