Translate

Saturday 4 April 2015

Layer Two of Live sketches Anglia Square

Second layer of Sketches made on Friday 27th March. I felt a bit nervous sketching spontaneously on top of the original sketches on situ. Once I had made a mark I had to go with whatever the outcome. I discovered a tiny one stop watch repairs and  key cutters under the stairs of Anglia Square which is closing down soon as the owner is retiring. I wanted to have a record of his business before he goes as it will no longer exist soon due to the uncertain future of the square. I had a lot of signage to contend with!! I hope to document this more....



Here are some more  people sitting on benches recorded in the main square. A couple having a cup of 
tea and a man taking a break with his latest purchase of a new pillow. 




You can see some traces of the previous sketch underneath suggesting layered time. I am trying to capture mundane life taking place in the square.

No comments:

Post a Comment