Translate

Friday 6 March 2015

Welcome to my Blog!

I will be blogging mostly about sketching the world around me mainly in the  fine city of Norwich where I live and other places I visit like London.  

I am part of the urban sketchers community and regularly post my work on Flickr. I am a correspondent for The Urban Sketchers London blog . 

I have just started an MA in Communication Design at Norwich University of the Arts  focusing on reportage illustration so I will blog about my journey through the course. I hope to experiment with some animation bringing  my drawings to life. 

I have just started a project documenting Anglia Square a part of Norwich which is going to be redeveloped in the near future and I plan to capture the soul of the place before it disappears.  Here are a few of my sketches of Anglia Square so far:

The Square where people gather to rest or chat.

There is a sense of bleakness due to the run down and empty buildings

These sketches were made on a cold winters day of shoppers in the square.

This is a view of Magdalen street. A Multicultural Street that leads of Anglia Square. Its always busy with people waiting for buses,  street cafes and traffic moving across the flyover. A great area to sketch full of life and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment